WorldRemit Future Stars
It's time to celebrate community heroes; those who give their time and skills to help others go further. At WorldRemit we are launching a competition to find youth team football coaches from around the world who are working hard to inspire the future stars of the game.
No matter where you are, no matter what your skill or the size of your team, sometimes you just need a devoted coach to make all the difference. So if you are a coach, you could win a once in a lifetime opportunity to fly to London for a chance to train with an Arsenal coach and 25 coaches could win kid's kits for their entire squad!
Just tell us a bit about yourself, your team, and why you would want to win!
Why not take a look at some of the other ways we've set out to help our community of customers around the world?
WorldRemit and Arsenal Partnership
WorldRemit and Arsenal Football Club begin a partnership of shared values
Supporting the Mission of the African Diaspora Magazine
Giving the African diaspora a platform and a voice to tell their own story
Promoting Positive Role Models
Celebrating the potential of Global Africans With Rootencial
Celebrating the Inspirational Nelson Mandela
Our team explains how Mandela has touched their lives #BeTheLegacy
Why make things harder than they need to be?
Need to send money to family or friends abroad? Whatever the reason, your money is in safe hands with us.
Try us now
Why Choose WorldRemit?
Our low fees and exchange rates are shown upfront
Get your money to family and friends in minutes
It's easy to use and we're here to help round the clock
Believe the hype: 85,000+ 5 star reviews
Entry to the competition is now closed. Come back soon to find out who made it onto the shortlist - the winner will receive a coaching session in London with Arsenal Soccer Schools Coaches!
How it works
Fill in the form above with your entry and even share a photo of yourself
We'll shortlist our favourite 25 entries, who will each win a set of Arsenal kid's kits for their team
Our panel of judges will choose 5 finalists to face a public vote over 8 days
The lucky winner of the public vote will win their training session in London with the Arsenal Soccer Schools coaches
Thanks for submitting your nomination, we will be contact soon if further information is required. Otherwise be sure to check back soon to see if you made it onto the short-list!
Future Stars Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions
- The Future Stars Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw") is promoted by WorldRemit Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 07110878 having its principal place of business at 2nd Floor, 62 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ ("WorldRemit", "we" or "our"). The Prize Draw is open to anyone aged 18 years or over, except employees of WorldRemit, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and any winner. We may refuse to award the Prizes (as defined below) where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- There are two prizes to be won. The first prize is a coaching session with the Arsenal Soccer Schools coaches in London, including flights and accommodation (the "First Prize"). The second prize is 20 Arsenal F.C. kids kits for each winner (the "Second Prize").
- The First Prize does not include expenses or insurance.
- The Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are not transferable. The Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute a Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Each Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable.
How to Enter
- The Prize Draw will open on 14th August 2018 (the "Opening Date") and will close on 27th August 2018 (the "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by us by 23:59 BST on the Closing Date. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible to win a Prize.
- To enter the Prize Draw simply click on the link on the appropriate Facebook post, this will take you to a page where you must answer the mandatory questions on the form. You also have the option to include a photo or short video. You must not submit any photos or videos of children under the age of 18 without prior written consent of their parents or guardian. You confirm that you have complied with this requirement by ticking the relevant box on the entry form.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- Participants agree that they will comply with all applicable laws when entering the Prize Draw.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to remove the content of, report and/or block inappropriate entries or participants who, in our opinion, are not acting in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- WorldRemit is not responsible for your activity on Facebook or any other social media platforms.
- You acknowledge that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- You agree to release Facebook from any responsibility in relation to this Prize Draw.
- WorldRemit accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind or for any other reason.
- The winners of the Second Prize will be selected on 28th of August 2018 (the "Semi-finalists").
- The Semi-finalists will be selected by WorldRemit. There will be twenty-five (25) Semi-finalists.
- Five of the Semi-finalists will also be entered for a chance to win the First Prize (the "Finalists"). The Finalists will be selected by a panel of four people, two from WorldRemit and two from Arsenal F.C. The four panellists will have complete discretion regarding the selection of the Finalists.
- The Finalists will be videoed by WorldRemit (or one of WorldRemit’s agents or subcontractors) while they coach their teams and the video will be uploaded to Facebook and on futurestars.worldremit.com for public voting, subject to the execution of any relevant guardian/parental consent forms and/or additional documentation, as may be required at the time.
- The winner of the First Prize will be selected by 6th October 2018.
- The winner of the First Prize will be selected by public vote via the website futurestars.worldremit.com. There will be one (1) winner of the First Prize.
Notifying a Winner and Claiming a Prize
- The winners will be notified by email. To claim a Prize, the winner must then provide contact details that WorldRemit can use to communicate with them. The Second Prize will be provided to the semi-finalists after the closing date.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their Prize within a reasonable period of time following notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer from that winner and WorldRemit will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The decision of WorldRemit regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about this decision.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
Ownership and Use of your Entry
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to our third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. All personal data will be handled in accordance with current data protection laws.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you give WorldRemit (including our group companies and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry (and any information includer therein) in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes both during and after the Prize Draw, without any payment to you.
- We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of €500. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw.
- We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
- indirect losses (these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this Prize Draw);
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, damage, delay or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
- any failure to provide the Prize Draw, the Prize or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arises because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure adherence to any third party terms that apply to their eligibility for the Prize, including without limitation the terms and conditions of our third party suppliers.
- WorldRemit is not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this Prize Draw or aspects of the provision of the Prize. WorldRemit will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although reasonable efforts will be made to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
- WorldRemit reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions where necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be notified to participants as soon as reasonably possible by WorldRemit.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Version: effective on 22 May 2018
We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy and handling Your information in an open and transparent manner.
What information we collect about You
The personal data we collect and process may include, among others:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as Your email address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call our customer services);
- Your demographic information such as age, education, gender, and interests;
- Evidence of Your identity (for example passport information);
- unique identifiers such as username, account number and password;
- Your profiles and postings on any other social media applications and services that we provide or that You make available to us;
- Your payment details or other financial data, e.g.: Your bank or payment method provider's name, or your account number, sort code and billing address; and
- information about Your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect from You information in relation to other people (e.g.: details of the recipients of Your money transfers), where You provide us with such information. By providing us with such information you confirm that you have obtained any necessary permissions from such persons to the reasonable use of their information for such purposes in accordance with this notice, or are otherwise permitted to give us this information on their behalf. Please also ensure that those other people are aware of this notice and that the provisions of this notice are clearly communicated to them.
How we collect information about You
- Information You give to us when You use our services. If You use our services You will need to provide certain information including Your name, address and card number, as well as the name and other details the recipients of the money transfers that you instruct us to carry out.
- Other information You give to us. This is information about You that You give us by filling in forms on our site (e.g.: the 'contact us' section) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes, for example, information You provide when You register on the site for us to contact You, and when You report a problem with our site. The information You give us may include, among other data, Your name and e-mail address.
- Social Media. Depending on Your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, You might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
- Other Sources. We may receive information about You from other sources, including publicly available databases and combine this data with information we already have about You. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records and provide services that may be of interest to You.
- Information we collect about You.
- Like most websites, we use "cookies" to help us make our site - and the way You use it - better. Cookies mean that a website will remember You. They're small text files that sites transfer to Your computer (or phone / tablet). They improve website use and speed - for example by automatically filling Your name and address in text fields. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
- Log Files. In addition, with regard to each of Your visits to our site, we will automatically collect certain information (e.g.: browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data). We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about You.
- Mobile App:
When You download our Mobile App, in addition to the information mentioned above we:
- automatically collect information on the type of device You use, operating system version, and system and performance information. We may send You push notifications from time-to-time in order to update You about any events or promotions that we may be running. If You no longer wish to receive these types of communications, You may turn them off at the device level. To ensure You receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about Your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- may collect Your location-based information for the purpose of locating a place that You may be searching for in Your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing You with this service. Your geo-location data may be shared with third parties for the purpose of them serving You ads for places (such as restaurants) in Your area. You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at CustomerService@WorldRemit.com; and
- may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on Your phone. This software may record information such as how often You use the Mobile App, the events that occur within it, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Mobile App was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal data You submit within the Mobile App.
How we use Your information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the services You have requested from us. We may also use the information that You have provided to ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your computer or device.
We use Your information for the following specific purposes:
- to register You with a WorldRemit account;
- to fulfil Your Transaction / (Airtime Top Up) Request;
- to send You confirmations;
- to notify You about changes to our services;
- to prevent fraud;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer;
- to send You marketing communications, provided that You have given us Your contact details in the course of a sale (or of negotiations for a sale) of our products or services and that you do not decide to opt out from this type of communications, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation (including the European Directive 2002/58/EC and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003).
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and our services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to You and other users of our site about services that may interest You or them; and
- to display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements, where You have agreed with a third-party review site that we may do so. If You wish to update or delete Your testimonial, You can contact us using this form.
Legal grounds for using Your personal information
The law permits us to process Your personal data in the way we do because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are:
- to run and administer our business;
- to prevent fraud;
- to provide you with our services;
- to evaluate, develop or improve our services;
- to keep you informed about relevant products and services you are using;
- to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary; and/or
- to provide You with an efficient and smooth customer experience;
- necessary for the performance of our contract with You to provide You with our services;
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- permitted by You, because You have given us consent.
Sharing Your information
- We may disclose data to provide our services, to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, liaise with judicial or regulatory authorities where required under applicable law, and protect our rights and property.
- The personal information You provide to us may also be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or related companies, including without limitation:
- with credit reference agencies to verify Your identity or recipients of the money transferred through the Service, if this is necessary to provide You with our services, respond to Your enquiries or for any other related purposes, and
- with fraud prevention agencies who may use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify Your identity (please note that those who commit fraud can be refused services, finance or employment. Further details of how Your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies can be found by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We may also share Your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services to or for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- other business entities, should we plan to merge with, or be acquired by, or be invested in by that business entity, or if we undergo a corporate re-organisation;
- any successor in interest, in the event of a liquidation or administration of WorldRemit; and
- to any other third party, but only subject to Your prior consent.
Links to Other Sites
Behavioural Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about Your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide You advertising based upon Your browsing activities and interests. If You wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving You interest-based ads, You may opt-out by clicking here. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How we protect Your information
We ensure that there are appropriate technical, physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place to protect Your personal details from unauthorised access. When You enter certain information such as a credit card number on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using reasonable security measures. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (including by email) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep Your information
We will only keep the information we collect about You for as long as required for the purposes set out above, or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
The period for which we will retain information about You will vary depending on the type of information and the purposes that we use it for. In general, we will keep our records for up to 7 years after you have terminated your relationship with us, in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We may retain Your contact information collected for the purposes of sending You marketing communications in accordance with this policy for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
Data that You submit via our site or Mobile App is sent to and stored on secure servers owned by, or operated for, us in the EEA. Data may be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work For us, or For one of our service providers, related companies, agents or contractors. Such transfers may be made In order To operate the service, improve our site, Mobile App or services, or To assist In our security or fraud protection activities.
Where recipients are outside the EEA, we ensure that they provide an adequate level of protection For Your personal data or that the transfer Is otherwise permitted under applicable Data Protection Legislation, by methods including Using standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, registration For the Privacy Shield program, or by relying On a relevant adequacy decision by the European Commission or On other legal grounds or conditions, always In accordance With applicable Data Protection Legislation.
Where we feel it Is necessary or appropriate we may seek To rely On Your consent As the legal basis For transferring Your personal data To outside the EEA, however we Do Not generally Do so. Where we Do, You may withdraw Your consent at any time.
Where required by Data Protection Legislation, You will be given a choice When You provide us With Your personal information To opt In or opt out of receiving marketing communications.
You have the Option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list For marketing communications, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further marketing e-mail communication from being sent To You.
Details of how To unsubscribe will be included On Each electronic mailing we send You. Alternatively, just send an email To CustomerService@WorldRemit.com with "URGENT - UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST" in the subject line and the email address that You wish to be removed within the email.
We will action any opt out request from You without delay.
At any time, You have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about You;
- to rectification of Your personal data, if You consider that it is inaccurate or not up-to-date;
- to ask us to delete Your personal data, if You consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of Your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending You marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details;
- to restrict processing of Your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of Your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances; and
- to object to Your personal data being processed in certain circumstances.
You can contact us at CustomerService@WorldRemit.com if you want to enforce any of these rights. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards Your rights as a data subject.
Any request for access to Your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month (three months for complex or numerous requests), in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (reflecting the costs of providing the information) or to refuse to respond where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive: in this case, we will explain the situation to You and we will inform You about Your rights.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about You is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that Your information is up to date, You will need to let us know if any of Your personal details change. Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is accurate, and we will rectify any personal data that is incorrect promptly and in any case within one month of Your request.
62 Buckingham Gate
London, SW1E 6AJ
Email: this form
You may also use these contact details if You wish to make a complaint to us relating to Your privacy.
If You have any concerns about our use of Your information, You also have the right to make a complaint to:
- the Information Commissioner's office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the United Kingdom, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113; or
- if you are based in a different EU or EFTA country, the national data protection supervisory authority in such country (a list can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080).